APPLY FOR A STALL
Held biannually at Federation Square in Melbourne, Markit + BakeSale is a one-day shopping event featuring over 90 of Australia's best independent designers and makers of jewellery, fashion, ceramics, stationery, homewares and art, along with a selection of Melbourne's best baked goods and coffee!
Image © Markit+BakeSale: Hello Miss May
APPLICATION DATES: Monday 5 February to Sunday 18 February 2018. All applicants will be notified via email regarding the outcome of their submission on Monday 26 February.
EVENT DATE: Sunday 22 April 2018, 10am–5pm at Federation Square Melbourne.
Please read the information below regarding stall sizes, fees and public liability insurance before submitting your application. Applications must be submitted using our online booking form. Access the booking form by clicking on the 'Application Form' button at the bottom of this page.
stall sizes and costs
EMERGING DESIGNERS 'MINI-STALL': $200 + gst
(1m frontage x 1.5m deep)
1 shared trestle supplied
Mini stalls are only available to emerging designers who have not previously held a stall at Markit + BakeSale. Emerging designers are allocated one trestle table to be shared with one other emerging designer (total display area 900mm x 750mm).
Note: Freestanding backing walls and clothing racks are not permitted in mini-stalls.
ISLAND STALL: $400 + gst
(2m frontage x 1.5m deep)
1 trestle supplied
Note: Freestanding backing walls are not permitted in island stalls for safety reasons, as the space behind your trestle is shared with other stallholders. Power is not available to island stalls.
SINGLE STALL: $500 + gst
(2m x 2m)
1 trestle supplied
CORNER STALL: $800 + gst
(2.55m wide x 2m deep, total corner frontage 4.55m)
2 trestles supplied in an L-shaped configuration
Note: Restricted display height may apply in some stall locations – please specify in application notes if you will be bringing a large backing wall/display.
DOUBLE STALL: $1000 + gst
(4m frontage x 2m deep)
2 trestles supplied
TRIPLE ISLAND STALL: $1200 + gst
3 trestles supplied in a triangular configuration
A limited number of stalls are positioned along venue walls. Please specify in the 'Notes' section of the application form if you would prefer to be in front of a wall or if you would like to bring your own backing wall/display. Please note, we are not always able to accommodate all requests/preferences but will do our best.
TAPES AND ADHESIVES MUST NOT BE USED ON VENUE WALLS.
INCLUDED IN STALL FEE
• Each stallholder will be listed in our Designer Directory on the Markit + BakeSale website with a direct link to your website for a period of 6 months.
• Trestle tables (1800mm x 750mm) with white floor-length table cloths are included in the stall fee. Having a trestle is not a requirement. Please indicate on your application form if you do not require a trestle. If your product range would be better displayed on a stand (eg. clothing rack) you can bring these along on the day.
EXTRAS (NOT INCLUDED IN STALL FEE)
• Power – If you require power, additional fees apply and you must have all electrical items and cords tested and tagged by a qualified electrician. You must book and pay for power before the market – it cannot be allocated on the day.
• Chairs – Please bring your own chair if required.
• Promotion of individual stallholders – Markit + BakeSale organisers try to include as many designers as possible in the promotional campaign but cannot guarantee the inclusion of every individual (this includes our social media campaign).
PUBLIC LIABILITY INSURANCE
• $10 million Public Liability Insurance is compulsory for all stall holders. If you have your own cover, you must provide a Certificate of Currency for public liability insurance, minimum $10 million for conducting of business outside of normal premises.
• If you do not currently possess public liability insurance, you are required to purchase Day Cover provided by Markit + BakeSale at an additional cost of $50.00 per stall being for the day of the event only.
Cancellation between 60 and 21 days prior to the event will in incur a 25% cancellation fee. Refunds are not available for cancellations less than 21 days prior to the event.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be submitted using our on-line application form.
If you require assistance, please email email@example.com
Selection criteria and application tips »
Frequently asked questions »
Emerging designers application details »